Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Beach, Fish Tacos, Coronas, and a 10 mile run.

I can't believe week 2 of marathon training is coming to an end. Ive been sore due to last Sundays Xterra 15k so i haven't hit the miles i wanted to this week, but i wanted to have a strong weekend. Saturday (day 13) i managed to get out to the school and knock out 4 miles at decent pace, i didn't want to hit it too hard because i defiantly wanted to save some for my long Sunday run.

Saturday was suppose to be a laid back day hitting up Target and Old Navy, but after going to Old Navy the family and I decided that we should skip Target and head down to the beach. The weather has been great lately, how can you complain about 80 degrees in February??




I love the beach in February because there is NO summer time vacation families, leaving plenty of parking for us. This was also the first time that my 9 month old got down and played in the sand, she is defiantly a California Girl.


We also got to see a Bear Grylls moment. This guy comes swimming out of the ocean with this big ass fish in his hands. He gets to the sand puts the fish on the sand, cuts him open, rips its guts out and tossed them to the Birds. I said WOW! now that guy is a Bad Ass!!

The only problem that i have when enjoying a day at the beach is that i CRAVE fish tacos and coronas. I don't know if its the sunshine or what but there was no way i was getting through the day with out some yummy fish tacos and a few corona's. I know this was probably not the best meal to plan with a 10 mile run the following morning but beach Matt doesn't think about Sunday morning runner Matt. Those two guys don't get along very well. Decided to do something that i never did before and that was to go buy some fresh cod and make my own fish tacos. I was super surprised because they came out super yummy!!


Oh man! Beach Matt totally screwed over Sunday morning runner Matt. After a late night of fish tacos and corona's when my alarm went off at 5 A.M i sure didn't want to get up. So i didn't, hit the snooze and slept till 6. When i finally got up i was still debating if i wanted to hit the trails. After about 20 minutes of laying there i decided its time to go run. Despite the night before i managed to have a very nice run. Hit the 10 mile mark for the first time during my training at a pretty decent pace. The only mistake i made was drinking to much coffee before the run, had to hit the bathroom 3 times ..ha

5 comments:

  1. Fish tacos are a great pre run day dinner! That was my late night dinner on Friday and I hit the 10 mile mark for the first time since this past summer. No Corona but I did have a Stella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I totally know what I'm having for dinner tonight ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Rock and Roll series..CMM in April.... LOVE Fish Tacos and corona!! YUMMO Gotta love those sweet round smiling cheeks...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. the weather looks gorgeous - nice work on the running and cooking ;)

    ReplyDelete