Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

27 days left

27 days and counting until the 2011 Rock N Roll marathon in San Diego. I cant believe how fast time has gone, it was just early January and I was deciding on what Marathon plan that I was going to use. I had it all mapped out, I was going to be putting in the miles. Since this is my first Marathon I really had no idea on what makes a good Marathon plan, I did my research online, listen to advice on Dailymile from experienced marathoners and thought I had the perfect plan. But the one and biggest thing that I learned from all the training and preparation is who cares about your plan make sure you listen to your body. Your body will tell you exactly how many miles it can handle. I would schedule my long runs on Sunday but I didnt really have a set plan as miles go. I want to make sure I have three 20 mile runs in before the big day. Currently I have 1, but I feel pretty strong about the training.

I think adding longer runs 5+ miles to my lunch time routines have made a BIG difference. The weather in Del Mar has been perfect lately so I can just leave the office and head west to the Ocean, get back and shower and finish off my day. Adding these lunch time runs have made work far less stressful but the only problem is that I will be staring at the clock waiting for lunch time, this can make the morning drag on..ha

This Marathon process has been completely different as far as mind and spirit then what I was anticipating. I knew I kind of liked to run and I had already completed a 109 mile bike ride so why not set a Marathon Goal. I thought the training was going to be demanding, time-consuming and exasperating, but it has been the complete opposite. I have enjoyed every mile, ok maybe not the last 2 miles of my 20 mile runlol

Hope Everyone has a great day!!!

2 comments: