Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Week of 2.11.13 to 2.16.13 – Sleep with new Baby??

Running – 20.77 miles (3hrs 8m)
Cycling – 29.46 miles (1 hour 40m)
Swimming – 1094 yards(25m)
Weight Training - 1 hour

 

 

Trying to get back into the routine since baby Carter was born on 02.02.13. So far it hasn't affected training too bad, he has been pretty much the perfect baby so far, only crying when he is hungry or dirty. We were hoping to get a easy baby haha..so far so good. My weekend training has defiantly been much earlier than previously, but I am sure once everything settles down then I can make adjustments.

My wife and I both know that getting enough rest is important when having such a busy schedule. Two weeks into the new born, this is currently how we do night time. At 7:30 my wife will breast feed baby Carter until he falls asleep and then she moves to the living room basinet. At 8:00 my wife takes our 2 year old Brooklynn into our bed and lays with her until she falls asleep, at the same time I take our 7 year old Kyle to his bed and read to him while keeping an ear out for Baby Carter out in the living room. Once I read to my son, I tuck him in and head back out to the living room to keep a better eye on baby Carter. Once my wife gets Brooklynn to sleep, she will then come out to the living room with me for some relax time. She will stay out there with baby Carter and sleep on the recliner while I head to bed to lay with Brooklynn. This will last until around 1 am when my son gets up and heads to our bed, he then wakes me up and I make room for him. Roughly an hour later my daughter will wake up and head out to the living room to wake up my wife and ask for something to drink. My wife will then get her a drink and move baby carter to the basinet in our room, wake and kick me out of bed, then she lays down with the kids in our bed. I will then head out to the couch and sleep until 4am when my alarms goes off. I know this sounds crazy, but it is what is working right now.

Oh did I forget to mention we are also moving next weekend…ha..let the madness continue.

Below is a picture of Baby Carter with his Brother and Sister. J

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment