Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

03.20.11 Training Update

After last weekends 14 miler I didn't know what to expect today especially after running a 5 miler yesterday and the SD zoo. If anyone has been to the SD zoo you know its a pretty intense walk, but it was defiantly fun.

Today i new i wasn't going to be a 100% and i immediately had some tired legs, so i kept a slower pace for the first 5 miles or so. At about mile 7 i was running a 8:30 pace and my ego was crushed when a guy who had to be in his late 50's wearing a Carlsbad marathon shirt blew by me waving his had saying "Good Morning". I didn't hear good morning i heard "see ya slow poke", i waved disgruntly and said good morning.

I then decided to hit some trails that i have yet to explore and came across the SD river running pretty good. The path continued at the other side of the river so i was bummed. Then this old lady came out of nowhere so i asked her how do i get across to the path? She awnsered you cross the river, FOLLOW ME..I said OK and crossed the river, ended up with soaked shoes but it was a nice little break.



I ended up finishing with a 12.67 trail run and felt pretty good about it..Happy Running

No comments:

Post a Comment