Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Are we ready?????

So there are about 6 runners that are a part of my companies “running team” that decided to take on the FULL marathon on June 5th (rock N roll). None of us really know each other we all work in different locations in the building and didn’t train at all with one and another. We basically just met at the meeting and have been keeping in contact via email. Well yesterday I was curious on how their training was going and if they are ready for the Rock N Roll Marathon . I found some of their responses made me feel more confident and made me laugh as well. We all have been raising money for Girls on the run which is a is a non-profit organization whose mission is to educate and prepare girls for a lifetime of self respect and healthy living. Click Here to donate.

Q1. How did everyone’s training go?

“LMAO.. welp.. I ran 20 miles last weekend and needless to say wasn’t exactly a pleasant experience. But, I’m as ready as I’ll ever be. J

“Although it has been a little bit harder that I thought it would be (I ran another marathon one month ago), I did my last long run yesterday (20 miles) and it seems I started to regain my shape.”

“Well let’s just say, pain is weakness leaving the body… I kinda cant feel anything anymore lol”

“Life has been hectic and training has been far less than optimal.  I’ll finish but it’ll probably be my PR – for SLOWEST marathon yet.  J  Still, looking forward to it……

“ I’ve done lots of century rides, but never ran a marathon. It’ll either be “a whole tradition” or a “WTF was I thinking” type of event,…”

Q2. How did your 20 mile runs go?

I mean like I walked pretty much the last mile and I really wanted to just stop curl up in a ball on the side of the road and cry myself to sleep … Hopefully with all the adrenaline and spectators it’ll make it a little more exciting.”

Q3. I hope they will have a lot of GU stations set up, that should help?

“I was more hoping for some crack lol… I don’t think GU is going to do it for me lol”

      Run 2 SD

No comments:

Post a Comment